New visitors please read this Blog from Old to New using Chronoblog, the past is important!

Thursday 30 October 2014

April 1990 Pt.4 Animedia Magazine

From this Second magazine example I will endeavour use this to briefly show you the contents and style as a pictorial comment on the Japanese Anime Magazine “Animedia”.

Animedia First Published in July 1981 by Gakken Co., Ltd. Consisting of 152 pages (including the front & back covers), #4 April 1990 (No 106). 500 Yen.

This was one of my monthly ways to get news on Anime. On the whole it does look like Animedia focuses on TV shows.

 Front cover -Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

 Girls & Boys!

 Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

Mashin Hero Wataru (I think I had the PC-Engine game of this).

?

Moomins & ?

Patlabor the Movie.

 OVA Crucher Joe & ?

Special Scramble News (in Red & Blue).

 Coming up next...

 Paint Gallery.

 Big Present...

 Shin...?  (Manga). Pages 73-88
[Note: No details on the Writer or illustrator].

 Shin...?  (Manga). 
[Note: No details on the Writer or illustrator]. 
 
?

 Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

 ?

Bubblegum Crisis. (BGC).

City Hunter, & Legend of heavenly Sphare,
???

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

 Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

 Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

 Dragon Ball Z.

 Patlabor.

 Ranma 1\2.

 Dragon Quest.

 Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl.

Gundam.....

Kimagure Orange Road (KOR).

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water looks to be very popular, with quite some interest for 'Patabor' too.

[Note: I have left out most of the adverts from this April's Japanese Magazines, they will be in the end of the month's review.]

[Note:  Not being able myself to translate the Japanese details of the contents of this magazine, what you get is solely from the few English words and the recognizable animation stills, and illustrations and artwork, (and that just suited me just fine back in the 1990's).]

2 comments:

  1. You've also an issue of dead magazine "The Anime"... I've some too!
    P.s. How can I contact you? I don't want to write my email here but I follow Anime nostalgia by email, please check, though the email I gave it's the one with my old nick ;)
    Anna Mira aka Kizzychan
    p.s.s. Often I can't post a comment because the window says: "Url contains illegal characters (???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Kizzy Chan, i've been away for a year, can be contacted via animekinou AT gmail.com

      Delete